Collectible insurance is a special niche insurance that covers non-standard collectibles that may not have a standard valuation like gold or jewellery.
You may have a hobby that is becoming a lot more precious and valuable than you think. The collections of your past time love and interest can be extremely valuable, especially with a historical collection.
Some examples of collectibles that are worth millions for their owners
- vintage comics and magazines, such as special issues of Spiderman, Superman or other Marvel or DC collections
- vintage toys, some examples are Star War collection, Hot Wheels cars, My Little Pony, Barbie, Polly Pockets etc that are worth hundreds of thousands more
- vintage books and manuscripts
- old posters, records, etc
- vintage antique cars, either with working motors or non-motorised
- antique furniture or household items
- old collectibles such as Coca-Cola issued items, M&Ms collectors, etc
- Old, not-in-use, older technology such as ring-phone, phone booth, phonecards
- special notes and coins
- special jewellery, art pieces etc
Why do I need collectible insurance if I have home fire insurance to cover?
You may have all these collectibles that are precious to your and your children but these do not come into normal protection coverage of a home or office fire insurance. You need to explicitly highlight to the insurance companies that these items are more valuable than what they may assign a value to.
Take good care of your collectibles. Check out for a proper collectible insurance.